Skip to main content

Notice

If you are using a Hotmail or Outlook email address, please change it now, as Microsoft is rejecting all email from our service outright.

Poll

Is your Hotmail or Live or Outlook mail working? Please only vote if you are using these services.

Yes, it is working. I can receive password recovery notices and any optional topic subscriptions.
[ 0 ] (0%)
No, it is not working.
[ 2 ] (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Topic: Please stop using Hotmail and Outlook email addresses (Read 440 times) previous topic - next topic

Please stop using Hotmail and Outlook email addresses

If you are using a Hotmail or Outlook email address, please change it now, as Microsoft is rejecting all email from our service outright. There is no way to bypass this, other than paying for a different mail silo to send our infrequent messages.

Re: Please stop using Hotmail and Outlook email addresses

Reply #1
Does the forgot your password reset use a different email service?

I just tested it and received the "new password for Hydrogenaudio forums" email on my hotmail address.
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #2
Huh. Maybe it's for specific accounts. Hotmail and Outlook regularly fill up my blocked messages list. Maybe they're lying to the sender?

Reply #3
Maybe a poll could be set up to try and see how wide spread the issue is?

Reply #4
Perhaps. I'll add a poll.

Users I've seen allegedly blocked, I don't know if they actually receive anything. Including: @jazzthieve

Reply #5
I think I'm seeing something odd. While I get the password reset emails I don't seem to get emails for any updates to topics. I'm pretty sure i have my notification settings set correctly in my profile. I have this topic on notify and i didn't get anything when you replied.

Are you able to check on your side if my email is showing up as blocked for these notification emails.

Reply #6
Works partially for me. Today just to test this I subscribed to few topics to notify me and only got mail from one topic and it was in junk folder. (Outlook)
foobar2000 plays music

Reply #7
I could not register with hotmail... I mean i could, but confirmation  mail was not comming.
<3 foobar

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020