Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: freedb Shut Down, Closed Now. What now? (Read 1365 times) previous topic - next topic

freedb Shut Down, Closed Now. What now?

HI ALL, I'm using 2.16 and now that freedb has closed down(for Good) I'm stuck with single track filenames, no access to V/A button. Will there be any new patch on the way? Thanks in advance for your help/replies.

Re: freedb Shut Down, Closed Now. What now?

Reply #2
I wonder if you can use MusicBrainz instead.

Re: freedb Shut Down, Closed Now. What now?

Reply #3
Thanks, I've never used/tried MusicBranz but of course I 'm willing to learn. It's in gracenote or maybe it got it from the disc but it's only showing the names of the songs not any of the Various Artists of those songs. though. I've started to digitize my 500+ cd library somehow I'll get though it. This disc from what I see isn't in any database and it's not a promotion cd either. Again thanks.