Skip to main content
Topic: FB 1.6.1 Beta 5 - Crash on audio interface shutdown (Read 569 times) previous topic - next topic

FB 1.6.1 Beta 5 - Crash on audio interface shutdown

Hello,

I just report that FB 1.6.1 Beta 5 crashed when I accidentally switched off my (external) DAC.

My DAC is a MOTU 896 Mk3, USB2 interface and MOTU ASIO driver (my PC is a 32bit Windows 10).

Previous versions of FB, at least down to 1.5 were not suffering this problem.

Regards, Andrea

Re: FB 1.6.1 Beta 5 - Crash on audio interface shutdown

Reply #1
It doesn't crash for me.

Using the default WASAPI output, if i turn off my DAC I get prompted for another output device.

Code: [Select]
Device: Speakers (FOSTEX USB Audio HP-A8)
Mix format: 44100 Hz / 32-bit float  / 2 channels (0x3)
Output invalidated...

Using WASAPI exclusive and turning off my DAC just freezes playback.
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #2
Submit reports please. I cannot locate a matching entry. If you did not auto submit, send the .txt + .dmp files to me, they should still be there (crash reports folder in foobar2000 profile folder) unless manually deleted.

Reply #3
Submit reports please. I cannot locate a matching entry. If you did not auto submit, send the .txt + .dmp files to me, they should still be there (crash reports folder in foobar2000 profile folder) unless manually deleted.

Hello @Peter , here you are the files (attached) are about the last crash that Foobar recorded.
However, the date is not matching with the date of the crash.
So, I have to suppose that on that crash Foobar was not able to record any report/status.
That was the reason why I did not provide you those when I posted the message.

Thanks and regards, Andrea

Reply #4
Hello @Peter, it happened again with FB 1.6.1 Beta 7.

This time I got Windows Blue Screen reporting PFL LIST CORRUPT
And I had also FB detecting the bad shutdown on the following restart, but, unfortunately, even this time no FB debug reports in the AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\crash reports .

Kind regards,
Andrea

Reply #5
I'm sorry but I'm afraid that there's not much that I can do about a bluescreen - it has to be some kind of a driver bug.
Perhaps your USB audio device can be made run with generic Microsoft drivers instead of manufacturer-provided ones?

Reply #6
Hello @Peter, thanks for your reply. I understand you confirm that it is a Windows' problem.
However, it happens only when I action (play or stop) Foobar and never happened with versions below 1.6.
I mean, with FB up to 1.5, as soon as the ASIO driver was back to service again, the audio stream from FB restarted automatically and I never had a Windows bluescreen (so, I supposed it to be related to the new audio architecture/interface of FB 1.6).
Anyway, it is not a real problem (my audio interface goes down when I accidently power it off. It is my fault), so I do not waste your time anymore about.
Kind regards, Andrea

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020