Skip to main content
Topic: Can Bybee's Quantum Purifier technology possibly be valid? (Read 542 times) previous topic - next topic

Can Bybee's Quantum Purifier technology possibly be valid?

Within any playback system, musical and visual information is transmitted by electrons flowing through conductors. As electrons interact with the conductive materials of cables and circuits, very low-level (quantum) noises are generated.   This noise is referred to as 1/f noise.  It is indistinguishable to the human ear, however it's effects are profound.  When quantum noise energy accumulates in the propagating signal, low-level details pertaining to ambience, soundstage, timbre, dynamics, color fidelity and picture resolution are obscured, robbing the presentation of vividness and life. 

Bybee Quantum Purifiers operate on the quantum mechanical level to regulate the flow of electrons that make up the signal.  Current flow within the Quantum Purifier is unimpeded and ideal.  During transit through the Quantum Purifier, quantum noise energy is stripped off the electrons, streamlining their flow through ensuing conductors.  Unwanted quantum noise energy dissipates as heat within the Quantum Purifier rather than emerging as a layer of contamination residue over the audio/video information.

The benefits of this process extends beyond the physical length of the Quantum Purifier.  As electrons speed through the purifier, a “slipstream” effect is formed which facilitates current flow in the surrounding conductors of the playback system. Introducing Bybee Quantum Purification into the electron path reduces quantum noise and increases signal velocity, resulting in performance improvement beyond what is attainable by any cable alone, no matter how well designed.
~ https://www.bybeetech.com/about-us-our-technology/
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Re: Is Bybee's Quantum Purifier technology possibly valid?

Reply #1
Unbelievable BS.

Re: Can Bybee's Quantum Purifier technology possibly be valid?

Reply #2
It reaches the point of being outright fraud.  And their website blurb was clearly written by a Nigerian prince that I've had emails from.

Reply #3
Well, they're pretty expensive, so I can see the consumers of snake-oil forming a queue. And there's the magnet-word Quantum used a lot, that should hook a fair few audiophools.

As for the "science", I'm not quite sure what word to apply but it definitely wouldn't be complimentary - laughable was the first thought but I can probably do better. Are they possibly a re-brand, off-shoot or are inspired by a certain other company whose initials are "MD"?

Intriguing that the so-called purifiers all have a quoted resistance of 25 mOhms - coincidence? Also intriguing that some are claimed suitable for AC and others not. Is not all audio AC, or at least non-DC. I've never tried but I suspect DC might be difficult to hear!

EDIT: after another look, I see plenty of "unsolicited reviews" and "testimonials" but zero proof of any claims. Strange that!

Reply #4
Absolute BS! Do they even know anything Quantum Mechanics?

Reply #5
I can read it as saying if you reduce the volume slightly, you "strip off" some of the noise that was "obscuring" inaudible/invisible stuff. And maybe there's some high pass filtering to "increase signal velocity" as well?

So maybe a resistor AND a capacitor?

Reply #6
It's funny and sad how any opportunistic liars these days (be it flat-earthers bringing up the Van Allen Belts into the conversation without having the slightest about what they are) will appeal to ppl's ignorance on a very advanced subject in order to push their BS agenda.
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
Wavpack -hb4.55x5cvm
Musepack --quality 6

Reply #7
It is indistinguishable to the human ear, however it's effects are profound.
How the author can do the division by zero so fast and in plain sight?
some ANC'd headphones + AutoEq-based impulse + Meier Crossfeed (30%)

Reply #8
Bybee NAQ
Loudspeaker manufacturer

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020