Skip to main content
Topic: Made a mess with iTunes - need help (Read 229 times) previous topic - next topic

Made a mess with iTunes - need help

I had about 800 old CDs ripped from MP3 to WavPack

Over the past 6 months I have bought about 100 CDs more and I decided to rip them to MP3 and WavPack as well.

After completing the rip, I had 2 folders: G:\MP3 and G:\WV. These folders had my old and new files sorted as \Artist\Album\Song.

I tried adding the new music to my existing library but iTunes made a lot of play lists for all the new CDs and that was a mess. So I decided to start from scratch. I decided to clear my library and add then add the G:\MP3 folder to my library hopefully giving me a new library with the MP3 files from all 900 CDs (both OLD and NEW).

When I was deleting the files iTunes asked if I want to delete the files from my library. I assumed it meant the iTunes library and not my hard disk. So I said Yes assuming it would delete the files from the just the library.

Now I have lost not only my new MP3 files but also my old ones. I however still have the WavPack files. I managed to recover some of the MP3 files from the Recycle bin.

Is there a way to batch convert about 500 CDs worth WavPack files to MP3 files (VBR 256 is what I was using)?

Re: Made a mess with iTunes - need help

Reply #1
You may want to try a file recovery program before you overwrite the area on the hard drive. I've had success using Recuva.
korth

Re: Made a mess with iTunes - need help

Reply #2
You may want to try a file recovery program before you overwrite the area on the hard drive. I've had success using Recuva.

Thanks let me try.

I have one solution. I had made a copy in 2016 for my wife's PC at home so I will have a copy of all the older (800) CDs at home on her PC's external hard drive. It will only be the new CDs that I will need to recover.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020