Skip to main content
Topic: 1.6 beta "Unrecoverable playback error" when changing devices (Read 429 times) previous topic - next topic

1.6 beta "Unrecoverable playback error" when changing devices

Hi.
I've recently updated to 1.6 beta and there is an issue when i plug in TV or external sound card - playback pauses and there is an error like 'Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 48000 Hz / 32-bit / 2 channels'. The playback continues without issues if i manually start it.
I have no idea where 32-Bit resolution comes from since none of my devices support it, and neither any of the files are 32-Bit.
I'm using 'Default: Primary Sound Driver' output and have 'Resampler (PPHS)' DSP enabled.
Thanks, Oleg.

Re: 1.6 beta "Unrecoverable playback error" when changing devices

Reply #1
The OS should be handling the 32 bit (floating point) format and demote it to whatever format your device is configured to use.

Reply #2
Are you running the latest beta? Some similar issues were reported with earlier versions which have since been fixed.

Reply #3
Are you running the latest beta? Some similar issues were reported with earlier versions which have since been fixed.
yes i'm running 1.6beta8

Reply #4
Thanks for the bug report, issue will be fixed for the next update.

The reason for this is that "Primary Sound Driver" is a pseudo-device that maps to whatever device is currently the default, so it may actually become a completely different device in mid-playback, which foobar2000 doesn't properly respond to - specifically, doesn't change the audio stream format it sends when the new device wants a different one.

Reply #5
Fixed in beta 9.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020