Skip to main content
Topic: EAC error on startup (Windows 10 Home) (Read 179 times) previous topic - next topic
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

EAC error on startup (Windows 10 Home)

Hi there, longtime user of EAC with no issues up until recently!  Just reformatted my laptop and reinstalled everything new to clean up the old clutter and resolve some issues I was having (unrelated to EAC).  Now, with a fresh install of EAC 1.5, I am getting the Unhandled Exception/Access Violation error on startup.  I tried 1.3 and it has the same issue.

I Googled and tried deleted SDDB.sdf file as others have tried, and it did not solve the issue.  The error still pops up on start, and the CDDB file gets recreated - I assume that part is normal.

Anything else I can try?   I did also notice some references to wnaspi32.dll which is not on my system.  Not sure if that is needed.

Re: EAC error on startup (Windows 10 Home)

Reply #1
No, you shouldn't need ASPI in Windows 10. EAC should use the native interface.
Reformatted drive, fresh Windows install, fresh EAC install (not restored from backup)?
I posted a few links in this thread:
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?msg=982629
korth

Re: EAC error on startup (Windows 10 Home)

Reply #2
No, you shouldn't need ASPI in Windows 10. EAC should use the native interface.
Reformatted drive, fresh Windows install, fresh EAC install (not restored from backup)?
I posted a few links in this thread:
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?msg=982629

Thanks - I saw those threads when trying to solve the problem.  No apostrophe in user name.  None of the apps (Adobe Drive, TortoiseSVN) listed as problems are installed.

I have fully uninstalled EAC and reinstalled several times (including registry entries) with no solution. 

Edit: yes, it was a fresh install of WIndows and fresh install of EAC.

Edit2:  SOLVED!  I had installed an app called Process Blocker and for whatever reason, that was the culprit.  I even tried whitelisting EAC and it still caused the error on EAC startup.  Process blocker was uninstalled (I had only installed it to troubleshoot something else, so I don;t need it) and EAC is working fine now.

 
SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020