Skip to main content
Topic: Same Song Played Again In About Two Hours (Read 302 times) previous topic - next topic

Same Song Played Again In About Two Hours

I created an m3u8 playlist for the sole purpose of avoiding duplicates.  The entire playlist was loaded, and I see it within the playlist view.  I set playback to random from this specific playlist with the intention of continuous play from all items in the playlist.

For some strange reason, a single entry in the playlist was repeated after it was played just two hours ago.  I double checked the m3u8 file, and it only exists one time.

Any ideas why this happened and how to avoid it?

Thanks.

Re: Same Song Played Again In About Two Hours

Reply #1
It looks like I should not have selected Random for playback order.  I should have instead selected Shuffle.

This is the first time noticing a repeat after all the time I have been playing music this way, so Random works pretty good.

Reply #2
I created an m3u8 playlist for the sole purpose of avoiding duplicates.  The entire playlist was loaded, and I see it within the playlist view.  I set playback to random from this specific playlist with the intention of continuous play from all items in the playlist.

For some strange reason, a single entry in the playlist was repeated after it was played just two hours ago.  I double checked the m3u8 file, and it only exists one time.

Any ideas why this happened and how to avoid it?

Thanks.

foo.removeplayed - https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,50312.0.html
This component removes tracks from the playlist once they've been played (or skipped). So every time playback advances, the previously played track will disappear from the playlist.
All credits to Chronial.

Reply #3
Ah thank you.  I just added this component and changed play back order back to Random.

I am trying this out right now.

Reply #4
You can also simulate the same by using the Shuffle modes, or you can use the Sort option to sort a playlist by Random, which will just mix up the entire playlist.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020