Skip to main content
Topic: [1.6 beta] Wine+macOS issue  (Read 332 times) previous topic - next topic

[1.6 beta] Wine+macOS issue

Since 1.6 beta 1, I've been having a constant issue of what I think is the new default WASAPI output on macOS 10.14.6 running Wine 4.0.1.1 (the wine.app by Winebottler) on a 64-bit prefix which if I play any separate music files regardless of its codec or component (vgmstream, foo_youtube), foobar2000 just hangs after playing one track and if I try to play a file one more time or going into settings, it freezes the program, forcing me to close it through the task manager.

Though weirdly enough, all of my WAV+CUE albums play with no issues.

Putting it into Safe Mode seemed to have fixed it. The issue still occurs on beta 7.

Before the WASAPI integration, it used to work great except for the volume slider.

Any other info you what me to provide, like a wine.log?

Re: [1.6 beta] Wine+macOS issue

Reply #1
I'll post the Wine logs, not sure if this'll help. I may add that this issue occurs on both standard and portable installations.

I made a test minimal install with beta 6, played a wav file, froze on the 2nd playback and then fb2k froze.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Foobar2000 in safe mode: seperate wav files work fine with WASAPI
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #2
Not sure if it's helpful at all but could you test if the same hang happens with the alternative WASAPI output.

Reply #3
It did the same freezing as before unfortunately.

Reply #4
Try this Wine bottling thing instead?

https://github.com/Gcenx/WineskinServer

Just in case, it's also looking into working on 32 bit app support for Catalina and newer, if you're ever in need to upgrade your system software.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020