Skip to main content

Notice

Please be aware that much of the software linked to or mentioned on this forum is niche and therefore infrequently downloaded. Lots of anti-virus scanners and so-called malware detectors like to flag infrequently downloaded software as bad until it is either downloaded enough times, or its developer actually bothers with getting each individual release allow listed by every single AV vendor. You can do many people a great favor when encountering such a "problem" example by submitting them to your AV vendor for examination. For almost everything on this forum, it is a false positive.
Topic: A Couple of Lame v3.100 Questions (Read 728 times) previous topic - next topic

A Couple of Lame v3.100 Questions

1. I've seen the LAME `-V` parameter written as `-V0` and `-V 0`. Are they the same or does the presence of a space have some significance?

2. The Hydrogenaudio Wiki entry for LAME says that `-V 0` is an alias for `--preset extreme` and that neither uses a lowpass filter. In fact, it says `-V 0` is the only `-V` option that does not use a lowpass filter. However, I have used LAME v3.100 with three different GUI apps as well as the command line and they all use a lowpass filter with `-V 0`. If I specify `-V 0` and no other parameters at all, LAME v3.100 uses the following encoder settings: `-m j -V 0 -q 0 -lowpass 22.1 --vbr-new -b 32`.

Is it supposed to be using a lowpass filter? Does the Hydrogenaudio wiki entry for LAME need to be updated to reflect the use of a 22.1 KHz lowpass filter with `-V 0'?

Thanks

Re: A Couple of Lame v3.100 Questions

Reply #1
If I specify `-V 0` and no other parameters at all, LAME v3.100 uses the following encoder settings: `-m j -V 0 -q 0 -lowpass 22.1 --vbr-new -b 32`.
MediaInfo doesn't show actual encoding parameters, it's just a guess.

Re: A Couple of Lame v3.100 Questions

Reply #2
MediaInfo doesn't show actual encoding parameters, it's just a guess.

Thanks for the info!

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021