Skip to main content
Topic: Using a keyboard shortcut to generate a titleformat search/filter (Read 179 times) previous topic - next topic

Using a keyboard shortcut to generate a titleformat search/filter

Hi,

Let's suppose I have selected a song in a playlist view component (ex : EsPlaylist).
I like that song, and I'd like to find songs by the same artist (either in the same playlist that I'm already in or in the global library).
Normally I would just type in the search box something like "%artist% IS [name of the artist]".
How about a multi-criteria search ? I'd type for example "%artist% IS [name of the artist] AND %date% GREATER 1989 AND %date% LESS 2001".

It's just annoying to type that every time. So I wonder if I could just press a given keyboard shortcut, and then the corresponding search string would automatically be generated.

Is that possible somehow, with just a keyboard shortcut ? Thanks.

Re: Using a keyboard shortcut to generate a titleformat search/filter

Reply #1
If you use Windows 10, you can use Clipboard History with the Pin option to remember and reuse your string.

Cheers

Reply #2
I use Windows 7, and I was hoping to remain within foobar and its components.

Reply #3
Is that too much to ask? Still hoping for a reply within my scope. Thank you.

Reply #4
Use foo_texttools. Pattern will be
Code: [Select]
'%'artist'%' IS %artist% AND '%'date'%' GREATER 1989 AND '%'date'%' LESS 2001
Then create keyboard shortcut for it. After using shortcut, right click in search box and paste.

Reply #5
Amazing. That's what I'm talking about. Thank you Rollin. :)
PS : too bad that we can't have it pasted automatically in the relevant search box. Maybe there's some room for improvement here.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020