Skip to main content
Topic: Recommended databases - Information Look ups sources (Read 165 times) previous topic - next topic

Recommended databases - Information Look ups sources

Hey, so I'm trying to rip an audio CD with Foobar2000, and for some reason, when I try and rip, no matter what I do, I can not get artwork to be put with it, binded to the file, etc... I've tried iTunes, I've tried Windows Media Player for Windows 10, I've tried Foobar2000 as well. I'm pretty stuck here. So after doing some digging it turns out I might need to look into a better service if I want to use Foobar2000. I'm not sure which databases to use, which are highly recommended, which are highly reliable sources, etc... There's FreeDB and MusicBrainz, but those haven't given me artwork.

Any ideas?

Is there some kind of right click option somewhere to fetch all of this data including the artwork?

Re: Recommended databases - Information Look ups sources

Reply #1
Hi there,

How about Discogs tagger, I think it can get album art but might be limited size? (600x600)

Some folks might use Album Art Downloader along with foobar Run Services component. (I have not looked into that, but here is one (old) thread about it. There are also several mentions in Run Services discussion)

These ways probably save external art in the album folder, I'm not sure if there is an easy way to automate embedding art into the files.

Cheers

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020