Skip to main content

Notice

If you are using a Hotmail or Outlook email address, please change it now, as Microsoft is rejecting all email from our service outright.
Topic: Submitting metadaya errors with MusicBrainz Metadata Plugin? (Read 310 times) previous topic - next topic

Submitting metadaya errors with MusicBrainz Metadata Plugin?

EAC has a little button for submitting metadata updates to freedb (which may not be working as of yesterday). I've relied upon the feature for years, as some cannot type, and few capitalize correctly.

In EAC, I'm not seeing the same option for MusicBrainz, and there are a LOT of errors in their database. Am I missing something, or are we stuck with whatever the MusicBrainz authors come up with?

Thanks for reading, and have a wonderful day!

Re: Submitting metadaya errors with MusicBrainz Metadata Plugin?

Reply #1
The MusicBrainz metadata plugin doesn't have an option to submit metadata.

are we stuck with whatever the MusicBrainz authors come up with?
https://musicbrainz.org/doc/Editing_FAQ
MusicBrainz requires that you create an account to submit edits.

korth

Reply #2
So editing is something done in a completely separate application (browser-based, I assume), and not something done from EAC?

Reply #3
The MusicBrainz metadata plugin doesn't have an option to submit metadata.
Yes I meant the EAC MusicBrainz metadata plugin cannot submit additions or changes but that EAC was not the only option to submit corrections the database.
korth

Reply #4
Yes, thank you. I followed your link and created an account. Navigating the database appears overwhelming at first blush. Trying to find the first disc of Claude-Michel Schönberg's 1987 Les Misérables (Original Broadway Cast Recording), I had over 400,000 entries to sort through. That's not going to work for me. It may take considerable effort to contribute in any meaningful way.

Just noticed I mistyped metadata. Perhaps I've nothing to add, after all!

Reply #5
Yes, thank you. I followed your link and created an account. Navigating the database appears overwhelming at first blush. Trying to find the first disc of Claude-Michel Schönberg's 1987 Les Misérables (Original Broadway Cast Recording), I had over 400,000 entries to sort through. That's not going to work for me. It may take considerable effort to contribute in any meaningful way.

Just noticed I mistyped metadata. Perhaps I've nothing to add, after all!

Directly searching for "Les Misérables (Original Broadway Cast Recording)" gets me a result on the first page:

https://musicbrainz.org/search?query=Les+Mis%C3%A9rables+%28Original+Broadway+Cast+Recording%29&type=release_group&limit=25&method=indexed

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020