Skip to main content
Topic: Bits Per Sample (Read 397 times) previous topic - next topic

Bits Per Sample

Hi all.

Please, could anyone tell me what is the Title Formatting Reference for the 'Bits Per Sample'?

I would like to make a column with this information (16bit, 24bit, etc.)

Thanks in advance.

Re: Bits Per Sample

Reply #1
$info(bitspersample)

Reply #4
The percent signs produce more readable code with fewer nested parentheses. I got an impression that the underscores are seen "old style", as most of the technical fields got remapped to plain fields in the same space as tags. All %__foo% are equivalent to $info(foo).

Reply #5
Great clarification, thanks for that too!

Reply #6
There seems to be a minor difference in how they display for playlist columns.

$info(codec_profile) doesn't produce a question mark in the absence of a codec profile, whereas %codec_profile% does.
The same applies to $info(bitspersample) vs %__bitspersample%.

Rest of post deleted due to incorrect testing on my part.

Reply #7
$info(codec_profile) doesn't produce a question mark in the absence of a codec profile, whereas %codec_profile% does.
The same applies to $info(bitspersample) vs %__bitspersample%.
FWIW, I use [%codec_profile%] in my status bar and it does not produce a question mark in that case, just no entry:

[%artist% - ]['('%album%[ #%tracknumber%]')' ] %title%  | %codec% | [%codec_profile%] | %bitrate% kbps | %samplerate% Hz | $info(bitspersample) b | %channels% | %playback_time%[ / %length%]

Reply #8
I was aware of the use of square brackets, but maybe I should have made that clear.
That's what I meant though, you have to use square brackets to avoid the question mark when using %codec_profile%, but it appears for $info(codec_profile) you don't.

Just a thought, but would this be better? It should remove the unnecessary space and delimiter when there is no codec profile.

| %codec% | [%codec_profile% | ]%bitrate% kbps |

Reply #9
Indeed it does, yetanotherid, and thank you!  Following your example I also cleaned up the display of bit depth for lossy audio.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020