Skip to main content

Notice

If you are using a Hotmail or Outlook email address, please change it now, as Microsoft is rejecting all email from our service outright.
Topic: Microsoft Edge (Read 566 times) previous topic - next topic

Microsoft Edge

There is a new version with a stylized 'e' that almost looks like an 'o' that you have to download manually.  The acid3 test has gone backwards to 96% vis a vis the browser comparison chart on the wikipedia. 

But the multiprocess support is perfect!  It doesn't crash! 

I am using the AdBlockPlus browser extension.   The only one that works right with secure sites.

To be honest, with the update, and the manual update to Windows from Windows update along with the latest .NET framework, the display looks a bit MacIntoshish.
Daniel L Newhouse

Re: Microsoft Edge

Reply #1
Also, Edge has extensions, most of which are pop up blockers.  The one that I use now is Adguard Adblocker. 
Daniel L Newhouse

Reply #2
After some experimentation I have discovered that AdBlocker is ghosted so that sites will not know it's there.
Daniel L Newhouse

Reply #3
Er, I meant "stealthed" not "ghosted."
Daniel L Newhouse

Reply #4
Because if the pop blocker isn't stealthed, you'll sometimes get a pop up indicating you have a pop up blocker.  Which means you can browse CNN in peace.
Daniel L Newhouse

Reply #5
I have found that Edge sometimes hangs when using Lenovo support.  The solution is to switch between Edge and Chrome to get Edge unjammed.  The display on Edge looks better, the fonts on Chrome look too small.  My eyesight isn't young anymore and I can't take heavy doses of Chrome.
Daniel L Newhouse

Reply #6
I use Canary Edge with Adguard Adblocker.
Format: FLAC

Reply #7
Adguard Adblocker has promoted itself to Adblocker for Windows with a free VPN.   That may conflict with KIS secure connection.

I tried Ad-aware adblock because it is supposedly faster.  Comments

1) It does work with Edge
2) It does not work with CNN.
3) With Chrome it has serious hijack problems.   

If I were more vigilant I might see if it works better on Chrome with Spywareblaster installed.  Browser hijack may be the wrong term - it just starts popping tabs at you with advertising in them.
Daniel L Newhouse

Reply #8
What about uBlock Origin?

Reply #9
I'm afraid it will block pop ups on student loan sites.

Also, I think I have a root kit that causes news items to pop up in the lower right of my desktop.  When it's just incoming email notices I assume its normal.  Edge ignores them, Chrome starts popping up notices.  I just got done getting rid of some weird malware that I had to setup and then uninstall to get rid of.  I already had one Geek Squad cleaning and they aren't free.
Daniel L Newhouse

Reply #10
You may also have clicked the button to allow a random site or two to push notices to your browser, and that setting is per browser, too. Check for "notifications" under settings of both browsers.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020