Skip to main content
Topic: How to copy/clone artwork between files? (Read 202 times) previous topic - next topic

How to copy/clone artwork between files?

Hi,

I'm looking for a convenient way to copy / clone all embedded artwork from a single or more file(s) to another.

With "normal" tags, its easily possible:

-Just open Properties of selected file(s) + CTRL+A + CTRL+C to copy the tags and their values.
-Open Properties of new file(s) + CTRL+SHIFT+V to paste that stuff.

Done, tags are cloned. Easy and simple.

Now there seems to be no way to do the same with embedded artwork, or am I missing something?
(I can press CTRL+A, but only choose "remove" as far as I explored...)

Any Idea/help will be honored with some karma-points and a honest thank you :-)

Re: How to copy/clone artwork between files?

Reply #1
If you can't figure out how to do this with foobar2000, you might use Mp3tag.  It will easily do this.

I don't mean to second-guess, but I'm curious why you have this need.  If you are converting files with foobar2000, all of the embedded art will transfer over.

Re: How to copy/clone artwork between files?

Reply #2
If you can't figure out how to do this with foobar2000, you might use Mp3tag.  It will easily do this.
Thank you, I'm trying to accomplish this task in foobar2000.
Exporting front-/back-/disk images and re-import them into the new files will still be faster than opening a 3rd-party tool.

I don't mean to second-guess, but I'm curious why you have this need.  If you are converting files with foobar2000, all of the embedded art will transfer over.
I have real old and bad quality mp3 mit great metadata,
and also great quality mp3 with old and bad metadata.
I want to swap :-)

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020