Skip to main content

Notice

If you are using a Hotmail or Outlook email address, please change it now, as Microsoft is rejecting all email from our service outright.
Topic: [More nonsense] Converting FPL Files (Read 383 times) previous topic - next topic

[More nonsense] Converting FPL Files

Is there an explanation why converting fpl files to the other available formats yields inferior sound quality than when the Write CD option is used and creates a CD which is sonically identical when played via foobar to the original fpl file? Write CD is the only method which does this and I am wondering why. The main problem is the 80-minute limitation for audio CDs.
♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪
ꂵ꒐ꏳꁝꁲꑀ꒒ ꉣꊿꌅꋖꑀꌅ

Re: Converting FPL Files

Reply #1
To give an example of the sonic qualities CDs created via foobar compared with the fpl file, play [link removed] via foobar youtube plugin; then, using foobar, compare this flac file [link removed - source not properly cited and sample exceeded 30 seconds in length] which  I created using Express Rip to rip the CD created using foobar.

mod edit: TOS 9
ꂵ꒐ꏳꁝꁲꑀ꒒ ꉣꊿꌅꋖꑀꌅ

Reply #2
1) FPL file is a playlist. It doesn't contain any music itself.
2) It's just your imagination, I suppose.

Reply #3
Did you even bother to do the sound comparisons? I know fpl is just a foobar play list which references a location, so what?
ꂵ꒐ꏳꁝꁲꑀ꒒ ꉣꊿꌅꋖꑀꌅ

Reply #4
Did you even bother to do the sound comparisons?
This is not necessary.
I know fpl is just a foobar play list which references a location, so what?
But you're obviously not understanding what it means. Try do understand it and make an ABX test, before making statements about sound quality comparisons.

Reply #5
I'll let my Stereophile Class-A rated stereo system speak to that!
ꂵ꒐ꏳꁝꁲꑀ꒒ ꉣꊿꌅꋖꑀꌅ

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020