Skip to main content
Topic: Title formating to build the directory path in the convert preset edit window (Read 122 times) previous topic - next topic

Title formating to build the directory path in the convert preset edit window

I tried to create custom convert presets for our needs here and instinctively tried to not only use title formating for the naming of the converted files but also for the directory with the surprise to find out that it does not work.

Choose destination
 - specify folder:
Code: [Select]
K:\Music\[%date%][_$replace(%artist%, ,)][_$replace(%album%, ,)][_%media_type%][_%copyright%]

Output style and file name formating
 - convert each track to an individual file:
[$num(%track%,2)][_$replace(%title%, ,)]

... will all together result in a correctly converted and named file in the wanted way like "01_InTheNameOfLove.flac", but in an obscure directory looking like this:
K:\Music\[%date%][_$replace(%artist%, ,)][_$replace(%album%, ,)][_%media_type%][_%copyright%]

... which means that the title formating functions have been interpreted "as-is-text" and not as functions to build a path from the values out of this functions. Do I miss something here to set up correctly or a missing component? Or is this another possible feature request? Or does anyone know work arounds I am not aware of?

Re: Title formating to build the directory path in the convert preset edit window

Reply #1
Put all of your code in the filename box, adding backslashes to separate directories. Select the root directory ( K:\Music ) as output.

Re: Title formating to build the directory path in the convert preset edit window

Reply #2
*facepalm* .... THAAAAAT makes sense! Thank you @j7n ... Didn't know why I forgot to test it that way. :-) Have a nice and healthy week and please be careful in these times. All the best!

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020