Skip to main content
Topic: Network interruptions (Read 200 times) previous topic - next topic

Network interruptions

I have high speed internet like 10 megabytes / sec, but still experience interruptions every few seconds when playing online radio. Connection is though Intel AC wireless card > WIFI router > isp fiber.
This doesn't happen when I am connected with the phone on a much slower connection (using AIMP app).

Happens on all radio stations, like PulseRadio, Ah.fm, tried multiple servers too

I checked the network options in Foobar panel but it has very few options, none related to buffer etc
Help please?

Re: Network interruptions

Reply #1
I checked the network options in Foobar panel but it has very few options, none related to buffer etc
Help please?
Try checking Prefs/Advanced/Playback/Buffering/Read-ahead for remote files, and increasing the value therein.

Re: Network interruptions

Reply #2
So I installed AIMP on windows it had the same issues, that lead me to believe the problem is definitely not in Foobar.
It's the Intel wireless card!
I remember I had issues previously that forced me to disable the "a" from "a/b/g" and some other options, because it kept disconnecting and reconnecting every 20 seconds.
And recently my ISP upgraded their hardware so that must have triggered some new issues on this card.

I googled more about Intel 7260 AC and apparently this card is full of problems and the only solution that worked for me was to remove the driver files from Windows, reboot and let Windows install the oldest version, which is 16 in my case. Previously I had 18.
Unfortunately I still have some interruptions but now they are less frequent, like every 4-5 minutes.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020