Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: exhale - Open Source xHE-AAC encoder (Read 106298 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: exhale - Open Source xHE-AAC encoder

Reply #950
Just wanted to give a big thanks to Chris for this amazing encoder and all the helpers especially Kode54 the admin for the Foobar plugin.

Reply #951
You're very welcome. I'm glad you like it, and since the exhale project will most likely get only bugfixes from now on: If anyone encounters strange behavior during encoding which goes beyond "the encoder sounds a bit worse than ... here", please post the details here or open up an issue on https://gitlab.com/ecodis/exhale/-/issues

Fixing as many such issues as possible will make exhale better for everyone. Thanks.

Chris
If I don't reply to your reply, it means I agree with you.

Reply #952
I just wondered what MPEG-D DRC is? as it is a option in EZCD just found it today whilst encoding some music in 40kbps which is fine for my little old ears,

Thanks again

Reply #953
DRC stands for Dynamic Range Control, which adds metadata to the encoded xHE-AAC files that can be used for a better listening experience e.g. in a noisy environment. It also includes loudness information similar to ReplayGain that allows to automatically play different music tracks or albums at the same loudness level in compatible players so you don't have to manually adjust the "volume" knob. Exhale calculates and writes the track loudness metadata during encoding, EZ CD Converter might write additional data during encoding, I don't know.

Chris
If I don't reply to your reply, it means I agree with you.

Reply #954
This might be a little off-topic, but has anyone been able to get hold of 'FFmpeg Plugin - xHE-AAC Encoder' from MainConcept?
I registered a while back, but I never received any reply.

Reply #955
I believe the beta is only open to people who have followed their seminar. In any case they have released a beta version for Windows, one for Linux, none for macOS.

Reply #956
This might be a little off-topic, but has anyone been able to get hold of 'FFmpeg Plugin - xHE-AAC Encoder' from MainConcept?
I registered a while back, but I never received any reply.

Just had a look at this; is this going to be a closed source, commercial 'plugin'?

Reply #957
Probably similar to Fluendo's Oneplay GStreamer codec pack, which is also licenses actual Microsoft Windows Media codecs instead of using reverse engineered solutions from the FFmpeg project. It also licenses all the applicable decoder patents for as many seats as you pay for.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021