Skip to main content
Topic: Need help finding improperly tagged ALBUMs. (Read 128 times) previous topic - next topic

Need help finding improperly tagged ALBUMs.

I have recently determined that some of my Albums have inconsistent Album Gain values.  I use foobar2000 converter for these and it happens when an album contains more than one composer or date.  Those are sorted together for RG calculation.

Is there a way I can filter my albums to find only those that have this condition?  It can't be done by folder because some folders purposely have multiple albums in them.  (Don't ask; it's a "classical" thing.)  It has to be done by tags:

List all %ALBUM% for which %REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN% is not a constant value.

Can anyone help me with this?  Thanks.

As for why this is in the foobar2000 forum, it would be helpful if the converter had a setting that was equivalent to "Scan as a single album".

Re: Need help finding improperly tagged ALBUMs.

Reply #1
If your tagging is consistent otherwise, go to preferences -> Tools -> ReplayGain Scanner and adjust the "Album grouping pattern, for "Scan as Albums (by tags)": to work for you. Mine is here and it usually works, but in your case you need to get rid of the %album artist% probably and do what works for you.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Re: Need help finding improperly tagged ALBUMs.

Reply #2
If your tagging is consistent otherwise, go to preferences -> Tools -> ReplayGain Scanner and adjust the "Album grouping pattern, for "Scan as Albums (by tags)": to work for you.
Thank you!

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020