Skip to main content
Topic: .wav files data isn't populating in fb2k correctly (Read 115 times) previous topic - next topic

.wav files data isn't populating in fb2k correctly

Hello,

Brand new to fb2k. I'm currently in the process of re-ripping all my CD's to .wav. I'm taking this step to have a permanent copy of all my audio files as a back up. These files will be stored on my home server. After I've backed up all my CD's I'll then go through the process  of converting them over to flac files.

However, for the time, I would still like to be able to use the .wav files rather than the mp3 files I already have. I've set up fb2k fresh and imported my media just fine from my OneDrive folder. Everything from my previous collection looks fine under Album List.

The issue I'm having is with the new .wav files that I've just started to rip. Under Album List in fb2k I have a ? (1) listed. If I click on the + tab it will open up to show all the new .wav files grouped together. The same goes the same for all the different views except for by folder structure. If I select by folder structure, then I get the break out correct under Album list.

Now if that was the only issue, I would say no problem. But when I look the files in the Library viewer Title/Track Artist is fine, but Artist/album just has ? - ? all the way down for all my .wav files.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Re: .wav files data isn't populating in fb2k correctly

Reply #1
Does your wav-files have tags? If not, they will show up as ?

Re: .wav files data isn't populating in fb2k correctly

Reply #2
Great point. I don't know. I'm assuming not. I'm using EAC to convert the files. I'll look into that. thank you

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020