Skip to main content
Topic: How to show more tags in the metadata box? (Read 245 times) previous topic - next topic

How to show more tags in the metadata box?

I have just started to use foobar2000 and so far I am really liking it. I just have a quick question.

How do I get it to show more details in the "metadata" box from the selection properties? Some of my files have more tags such as label, barcode etc. and it would be nice to be able to show these as well (if possible).

Here is a screenshot of the box I am talking about.

Thanks

Re: How to show more tags in the metadata box?

Reply #1
Hi there,

Edit the 'Standard fields' option here -

File menu > Preferences > Advanced > Display > Properties dialog > Standard fields

Insert fields in the order you want them listed, keeping the Name=FIELD; format intact. It might be easier to copy/paste the string to Notepad for editing and back again.

This also adds them to the right-click track > Properties fields that are always shown by default.

Cheers

Reply #2
Hi there.
The Infospect component will show all the information.
It would be great if the embedded panel "Selection Properties" was expanded by this feature.

Reply #3
Hi there,

Edit the 'Standard fields' option here -

File menu > Preferences > Advanced > Display > Properties dialog > Standard fields

Insert fields in the order you want them listed, keeping the Name=FIELD; format intact. It might be easier to copy/paste the string to Notepad for editing and back again.

This also adds them to the right-click track > Properties fields that are always shown by default.

Cheers

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Is this the list of supported tags by the way? https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:ID3_Tag_Mapping

Reply #4
Hi there.
The Infospect component will show all the information.
It would be great if the embedded panel "Selection Properties" was expanded by this feature.
Thank you I will take a look. I notice on the site is says last update was 2008. Does it still work OK? I'm very new to this foobar2000 so any tips are greatly appreciated.

Reply #5
Thank you I will take a look. I notice on the site is says last update was 2008. Does it still work OK? I'm very new to this foobar2000 so any tips are greatly appreciated.
You could also go the route of installing the Run Services plugin, and then have it open the file in an external full-featured tag editor like Kid3 or Mp3tag with a right-click/selection.

Reply #6
Not familiar with Kid3 but unless you're tagging from external sources or have some very niche use cases foobar can pretty much do anything ( and a bit more) Mp3tag can do. Foobar's tag capabilities are already "full featured".

Reply #7
Not familiar with Kid3 but unless you're tagging from external sources or have some very niche use cases foobar can pretty much do anything ( and a bit more) Mp3tag can do. Foobar's tag capabilities are already "full featured".
I agree, just brought it up as an option for viewing all existing tag fields instead of needing to manually add non-default fields to Properties.  A bit off-topic, but I prefer Kid3 to Mp3tag as it will show all tag types and fields existing in the file in the same window without having to choose a default "read" tag.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020