Skip to main content
Topic: Cannot disable notification / tray icon (Read 121 times) previous topic - next topic

Cannot disable notification / tray icon

Since updating from fb2k 1.4.1 to 1.5.1, I am not able to permanently disable the notification icon in the system tray. When I disable and then re-enable the option "Show only when foobar2000 is hidden", the icon disappears but re-appears after a restart of the programme, although the preference is still set.
When I click on the tray icon, fb2k is minimized. After another click, the main windows is shown again and the icon magically disappears! After a restart, it is again shown. (I also use UI hacks but this should not be the issue.

There is an entry in the 1.5 changelog "Restored pre-1.4 behavior of main-window-hidden/notification-icon-only status being remembered after foobar2000 restart." and my problem is indeed probably related to https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=117701.msg; however for me it worked exactly the other way round.
Any ideas? Thanks!

Re: Cannot disable notification / tray icon

Reply #1
Hi there,

It works as advertised for me. Have you tried it without UI Hacks?

Cheers

Re: Cannot disable notification / tray icon

Reply #2
I opened foobar with another user, i.e. with the default profile, and the notification icon was not shown after every start.
I then removed all custom config files from my user folder, reinstalled foobar and the icon was still shown. I use UI hacks for a custom toolbar icon, so I'd rather go back to 1.4 if there is no solution for this. Fb2k somehow thinks it was hidden when closed the last time.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020