Skip to main content
Topic: Is "APPLE SOUNDCHECK GAIN" permanently applied to the file content or just a tag (Read 213 times) previous topic - next topic

Is "APPLE SOUNDCHECK GAIN" permanently applied to the file content or just a tag

I sometimes encountered MP3 files that are encoded using iTunes with APPLE SOUNDCHECK GAIN metadata on them.
I never use iTunes, but I figured it is their kind of volume normalization ilke RG.

What I was wondering is if this gain is already applied to the file content (so you can't really "undo" it), or just a tag like RG so you can remove it losslessly?

Thanks.

Re: Is "APPLE SOUNDCHECK GAIN" permanently applied to the file content or just a tag

Reply #1
It is just a metadata tag like ReplayGain

Re: Is "APPLE SOUNDCHECK GAIN" permanently applied to the file content or just a tag

Reply #2
It is just a metadata tag like ReplayGain

I can't seem to find a way to remove it in foobar2000. Is it possible?

Reply #3
foobar2000 supports writing this tag value based on ReplayGain tags.

Reply #4
I think it could be removed via shift+right click, there is menu to remove SoundCheck on ReplayGain menu

Reply #5
I find the options for such after shift+context menu.

Thanks for you guys' help.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020