Skip to main content
Topic: File tags not updating (Read 114 times) previous topic - next topic

File tags not updating

Hi,
Been noticing an issue where the file tags in all of my FLACs don't seem to be updating unless I manually updating them by right-clicking on a file or directory and selecting "tagging/reload from file(s)" [Win7].  Whenever I create or download a FLAC, I always modify the tag(s) using Mp3tag before playing them.  Foobar2k seems to display the original tag information yet Mp3tag shows it to be the correct data.  Only now have I found the tag reload option which seems to fix the issue.

My questions though are why is Foobar2k not displaying the correct tag information all the time and what can I do to have it reload the current tag information any time the file is accessed without having to do it manually?

When I download FLACs, I typically download the zips to a temporary directory and then move them over to an appropriate directory on my music HDD when I unzip them and modify the tags.  This top level music directory is what I have Foobar scan whenever it's running.  I might have Foobar running at the time listening to something else in the background.  Could Foobar be catching these new files as they are unzipped, reading them and storing the information and then ignoring the modified tag information when I go to play them later?

Hope this makes sense.  Thanks for reading!

Re: File tags not updating

Reply #1
You are probably rewriting the files without updating the modification time, and foobar2000 caches information as long as the modification time stays the same.

Re: File tags not updating

Reply #2
Whenever I create or download a FLAC, I always modify the tag(s) using Mp3tag before playing them.  Foobar2k seems to display the original tag information yet Mp3tag shows it to be the correct data.  Only now have I found the tag reload option which seems to fix the issue.

This never happend for me in previous versions but I can confirm the behavior in FB1.5.

After editing (MP3) tags in external editor (e.g. mp3tag) and getting properties on the files in FB, the external changes are not displayed unless I manually click Tools button>reload info.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020