Skip to main content
Topic: Music TAG Question (apologies newbee) (Read 162 times) previous topic - next topic

Music TAG Question (apologies newbee)

Summary
Music Folder 1 contains 1216 x Music files in MP3 format.
These have SOME TAG information on these files, but many of these are wrong.
The filename is actually correct (because I have manually corrected each of these filenames.)

What do I need ?
I want the TITLE of these files to be equal to the filenames (as reported in Windows 10 OS)

What have I done....
I have used FOOBAR 1.5 -
I can REMOVE all of the existing TAGS from these MP3 files ok
I can set the ARTIST TAG (for all of these files ok either in groups or manually) - these changes are passed through to the real data
I can set the Title to be %title% - this writes the value "%title%" (!) into each "Title field" correctly (on each of mt 1216 MP3 files.)
I can also set the Title to be %filename% - this actually writes  "%filename%" into the TITLE (of each of my 1216 files!)

What can't I do.....
I cannot get the data to set the TITLE field correctly on these files, within this folder.

Anything Else ?
.....  it does look "like" these data are loading TAGs correctly (although I don't know where Foobar is getting this TITLE from as I startup the software, because I have not set this. And the actual data contains BLANK (null) entries for TITLE in Windows (as per attached file listing for illustration purposes.

(Apologies it was Monday when I started this task...) !

Hazard

Re: Music TAG Question (apologies newbee)

Reply #1
I can set the Title to be %title% - this writes the value "%title%" (!) into each "Title field" correctly (on each of mt 1216 MP3 files.)
I can also set the Title to be %filename% - this actually writes  "%filename%" into the TITLE (of each of my 1216 files!)
Of course.

Anything Else ?
In the "Properties" window: either right-click or click "Tools" button -> Automatically fill values ->
Source: File names
Pattern: %artist% - %title%

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019