Skip to main content
Topic: Unwanted/strage DSP entry in View Menu - How to remove ... (Read 167 times) previous topic - next topic

Unwanted/strage DSP entry in View Menu - How to remove ...

Hello Dev Team,
I am using FB 1.5. It is since long I noticed to have 2 DSP entries in the View menu (see attached screenshots).

I have one entry labeled DSP and showing only the component Equalizer: this entry is UNWANTED and I would remove. I do not use the Equalizer. However, I cannot unistall the component. So, I would at least remove this unwanted and unused entry in the menu list.

The other (the second down) DSP entry is effectively my wanted DSP chain as I configured through DSP manager and I would it to be the only DSP entry to remain in the View menu listing.

Kind regards, Andrea

Re: Unwanted/strage DSP entry in View Menu - How to remove ...

Reply #1
The first DSP entry is normal and comes from the Equalizer DSP. You can remove the component if you want to. Just delete "foo_dsp_eq.dll" from the "components" subdirectory. Make sure to untick it in the installer the next time or you'll get it back.
I don't know where the second DSP menu comes from. PPHS resampler that's bundled in the player doesn't create it. And I just installed MathAudio Headphone EQ component and it doesn't create such menu either.

Reply #2
AFAIK the second menu come with old foo_dsp_effect, before version 0.30 release.

Reply #3
Hello @Case and @arch21 , many thanks for your kind and prompt support!
Well understood how to remove the equalizer, but, my bad, not understood what to do with foo_dsp_effect that I do not see installed in my system (not now, it may it was once in the past).
Regards, Andrea

Reply #4
Second  DSP menu comes from foo_vst

Reply #5
Hello @Rollin, the 2nd DSP chain is the one I configured using the DSP Manager, so it is the good one I want to keep.
The first DSP entry, with the Equalizer only, insted was the unwanted and I removed deleting the component as instructed by Case.
Then, I hope, it will not pop-up again on a next FB upgrade. Anyway, now I know how to remove it.
In there should be a bug around, ... kindly note it for a next (not uregent) fix.
Thanks and regards,
Andrea

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019