Skip to main content
Topic: FB 1.5 beta 21 - DSP chain INFO lost on closing and false dirty shutdown (Read 226 times) previous topic - next topic

FB 1.5 beta 21 - DSP chain INFO lost on closing and false dirty shutdown

Hello Dev Team,

I have to report two small issues, one surely related to FB 1.5 beta 21:
1) as per attached screenshot, I noted that the DSP chain preset indicator is empty (no info displayed) after a Foobar restart. However, the system play correctly and the DSP chain is correctly listed in the pane, but no name is even reported in the info pane on the toolbar (see the top right corner).
2) quite often, on Foobar restart from clean PC boot, Foobar notifies me of a previous dirty shutdown that never happened, or at least no info about is displayed during the previous shutdown.
I have all time care to give to Foobar plenty of time for its shutdown and usually I even do not shutdown the PC immediately after.

Kindly regards, Andrea

Re: FB 1.5 beta 21 - DSP chain INFO lost on closing and false dirty shutdown

Reply #1
AndreaT:  I'm not on the Dev team (by any means!!), but as to your issue #1, my own observations during my use are:

The DSP chain preset indicator at the bottom of the DSP Manager window is used only for loading/deleting/saving a selected preset from the drop-down list;  once dealt with, the indicator reverts to empty.

The DSP info pane on the Toolbar will show the currently loaded preset name, but as soon as you make any changes to the DSP's VALUES contained in the saved preset, like dropping an Echo effect to 45% from 50%, even though you haven't made any changed to the actual list of DSPs present in that original preset, the Toolbox indicator will "blank out" to show that values in the original loaded preset have been changed manually in some way without re-saving to the original preset's name.

This has always seemed "as expected" behavior to me and persists in 1.5b21.

Reply #2
Hello @sveakul, thanks for your kind reply.
Well, for the DSP Manager window, now I understand and I can agree on the implementation.
Regarding the DSP info pane, I have to confirm, based on your details, that there is bug somewhere.

I do not change anything in the DSP chain. I have only 3 presets and I simply select one to use for the current play.
Then, not changing anything, I simply shutdwon everything and I reboot all the day after.
Well, doing so, at the new reboot, the DSP info pane is empty.
Regards, Andrea

Reply #3
could it because of DSP from VST plug-ins?

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019