Skip to main content
Topic: Possible to add alternate cover format support? (Read 152 times) previous topic - next topic

Possible to add alternate cover format support?

Right now, fb2k only seems to have support for good old jpeg, png, and gif covers. I'm looking into converting some of mine to AVIF, even though it's fairly new, but obviously foobar doesn't support that. Strange thing -- as soon as I put the file in the folder, foobar no longer shows the cover, only a blank placeholder, even though no *.avif is present in the cover list at all. That might be a bug.

But my real request is, is it possible to add new image format support through a plugin, like audio formats? I'd like to try making one (and I'd probably add HEIF if I ever make it public), I'm just not sure where to look for that API.

Re: Possible to add alternate cover format support?

Reply #1
It would be very nice to have the rating stars in the library next to the listed tracks, the same as on the right of playlist.  I think this way you could individually send tracks to the playlist based on rating.  I know you can probably do this in the properties dialog.  As I see it, right now you can't easily see the track rating until send and drag the album to the playlist. I can't say that I am an expert as the use of Foobar.

Re: Possible to add alternate cover format support?

Reply #2
It would be very nice to have the rating stars in the library next to the listed tracks, the same as on the right of playlist.  I think this way you could individually send tracks to the playlist based on rating.  I know you can probably do this in the properties dialog.  As I see it, right now you can't easily see the track rating until send and drag the album to the playlist. I can't say that I am an expert as the use of Foobar.

Why are you posting this on this topic?
TOS #5 violation? You don't just change topics to your liking.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019