Skip to main content
Topic: 1.5b19 Properties Window: Completion of GENRE Field having problems? (Umlaut?) (Read 234 times) previous topic - next topic

1.5b19 Properties Window: Completion of GENRE Field having problems? (Umlaut?)

Hi,

I have a lot of files in my library, genre-tagged with Hörbuch or Hörspiel.

I'm currently changing some of the genre tags from <something> to Hörspiel in the Properties Window.

As I type Hör, autofill works for Hörbuch and is suggested.

When I type Hörs, autocompletion stops, nothing is suggested anymore.

I have typed Hörspiel about 30 times and saved it to the different files, but it won't be suggested. Only Hörbuch is suggested.

Any Ideas?

Advanced Prefs "Autoappend suggested values" is active.

It worked in older versions of f2k (1.4.x I guess).

Re: 1.5b19 Properties Window: Completion of GENRE Field having problems? (Umlaut?)

Reply #1
Can anybody reproduce?
"Autocompletion" is not working.

Re: 1.5b19 Properties Window: Completion of GENRE Field having problems? (Umlaut?)

Reply #2
Are the files with genre Hörspiel somewhere in your Library? (see Preferences -> Media Library).
That might make a difference.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #3
Thanks,

well, it seems odd to me... so I need to figure it out the next days/weeks...

Here is my setting:

I have a single folder with a single mp3file which contains the genre-tag "Hörspiel".
That folder is added to my library, but options monitoring and rescan on startup are not activated. I just scanned that folder by hand with rescan now.
That folder is on a NAS (samba) and contains other mp3files as well, but only one has the "Hörspiel" genre set.

When I rescanned manually, the genre was autocompleted.
Some hours or days later autocompletion did not work again.

Dunno, maybe testing with different versions/betas might be the cause.
Or a crashing f2k which caused the not-saved library... (this seems to me the obvious cause, but I have no prove...)

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019