Skip to main content
Topic: Install the newest foobar2000 with the same plugins and configuration (Read 139 times) previous topic - next topic

Install the newest foobar2000 with the same plugins and configuration

Hello
I have foobar2000 v1.3.1
I worked hard to configure it and it has a very nice looking, however, I am going to purchase a new PC and I want to install the latest foobar2000 v. 1.4.8 but copying the configuration from my old foobar2000, including plugins, the actual looking with Columns UI, etc.
I would like also to maintain my playlsit...
How may I copy the old configuration into the newest foobar2000 v.1.4.8
If there is a way to do this, I really would thank you for that, because having to configure everything from scratch would be painful, and also I don't remember, to be honest, what I did to configure it so well and with that nice looking.
Cheers

Re: Install the newest foobar2000 with the same plugins and configuration

Reply #1
Use the fb2k "File/Folders/Browse Profile Folder" menu to open the profile folder and then copy everything inside. There'll be a similar folder on the new PC after you've installed fb2k. Close fb2k on the new PC, delete everything in the new profile folder and replace the contents with with your old profile's files and folders.

PS fb2k probably shouldn't be running when you copy the files and folders in your current profile.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019