Skip to main content
Topic: Song Naming/Tagging (Read 98 times) previous topic - next topic

Song Naming/Tagging

Hey guys, new here so don't really know my way around the place so if this is in the wrong topic, my bad.
So i just recently reorganized/renamed my entire playlist of songs, but i only renamed their names, not their tags in their properties, and foobar apparently takes the song info from their tags, is there any way to force it to take the name/make new tags from the filenames of the songs? :D

Re: Song Naming/Tagging

Reply #1
You can have the playlist view show anything you want, and then you can sort by that as desired.  If you right-click the columns header bar above the playlist, "File Name" is already a built-in column option.  If you want something more customized, just go into Preferences/Display/Default User Interface/Playlist View, and add  your own view choice based on the syntax tables shown in Help/Title Formatting Help,  "%filename%" being one of those, which will then show up on the same context menu.

Re: Song Naming/Tagging

Reply #2
You can have the playlist view show anything you want, and then you can sort by that as desired.  If you right-click the columns header bar above the playlist, "File Name" is already a built-in column option.  If you want something more customized, just go into Preferences/Display/Default User Interface/Playlist View, and add  your own view choice based on the syntax tables shown in Help/Title Formatting Help,  "%filename%" being one of those, which will then show up on the same context menu.
Thank you!

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019