Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: win7 to win10 foobar2000 move (Read 1716 times) previous topic - next topic

win7 to win10 foobar2000 move

I have Foobar2000 installed on a Win7 machine, but am forced to go to Win10.  I have a Foobar2000 installation on the Win10 machine that is content free, and a lot of content on the Win7 machine.  It used to be, you would copy the old Win7 full-of-content %appdata\foobar2000 to overwrite the new empty one, and likewise the ProgramFiles components need to be copied from old to overwrite the new.  What now? Is it even possible to get my playlists and entries back on Win10 or am I out of luck.

Re: win7 to win10 foobar2000 move

Reply #1
I found the locations but new 1.4 files seem to be incompatible with old 1.3.2 files at components, and installing old version 1.3.2 on win10 might not be possible, blocked. Looks like out-of-luck case, old playlists, layouts, plugins do not appear. Is there a migration tool or an available workflow?

Reply #2
upgrade your foobar on windows 7 to the latest version of foobar. so the settings files and playlist will be compatible. Then worry about the windows 7 to 10.

Reply #3
You can copy the directories to the new machine. But if you copy over existing install there can be conflicting files causing unexpected behavior. Make sure to empty the target directories before you copy old data over.

Reply #4
Thank you for your suggestions. What turned out to work for me was easy. Install the new version on the new computer and replicate roughly the layout I had before and install a couple of plugins I had added.