Skip to main content
Topic: Converting a track on a SACD (Super Audio CD) to WAV fails with win32 error 87 (Read 231 times) previous topic - next topic

Converting a track on a SACD (Super Audio CD) to WAV fails with win32 error 87

Trying to convert a track on a SACD (Super Audio CD) to WAV.

On Windows 7, Foobar2000 v1.4.6 with foo_input_sacd.fb2k-component v1.1.4 installed

The SACD is on an ISO image, mounted on drive L: by Alcohol 120%.

I dropped the drive L: on a new playlist and Foobar2000 can play the SACD without a glitch.

Sounds great!.

I right-clicked on a track of the SACD, and selected 'Convert'.

'Converter Setup' is set to defaults, Output Format: WAV, Processing: None, Other: Transfer metadata, Transfer attached pictures.

Click 'Convert' and get this:

Source: "L:\" / index: 5
  Unable to open source file: I/O error (win32 #87)
  Conversion failed: I/O error (win32 #87)

Win32 error 87 is ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER (localized English string "The parameter is incorrect")

Removing (unchecking) 'Tranfer metadata' and 'Tranfer attached pictures' changes nothing.

Other conversions, such as MP3 to WAV work flawlessly.

Obviously, as Foobar2000 can play the track, it can read it.

What is happening?

A bug? in Foobar or in foo_input_sacd?

Or Windows 7 is not supported anymore by these versions of FB2K and the input_sacd component?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Re: Converting a track on a SACD (Super Audio CD) to WAV fails with win32 error 87

Reply #1
No need to mount ISO image with Alcohol 120%. You can open it directly with foobar2000.

Re: Converting a track on a SACD (Super Audio CD) to WAV fails with win32 error 87

Reply #2
That's it!! Thank you so much Rollin!!

I was following instructions that I found somewhere in this forum, which went through 'mounting the ISO', but it is indeed not needed, and, actually, stands in the way for 'Convert' to work.

With the .ISO open directly by FB2K 'Convert' works just fine!!

-TioP

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019