Skip to main content
Topic: Where is CDDB.DAT stored in Windows 10 for EAC version 1.3? (Read 186 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from EAC where are track n...

Where is CDDB.DAT stored in Windows 10 for EAC version 1.3?

Definitely there on my PC (Windows XP), in the EAC folder. It's not a hidden file, but it might be hidden under other O/S (Vista or Win 7), so in Explorer try Tools -> Folder Options -> View -> Show hidden files and folders (or whatever the equivalent is under your O/S). Also, maybe under other O/S EAC stores CDDB.dat under your user profile - with XP there is a CDDB.sdf file under C:\Documents and Settings\<your_user_name>\Application Data\EAC, maybe under Vista and Win 7 it stores CDDB.dat there as well, under C:\Users\<your_user_name>\AppData\Roaming\EAC.

But the easiest way to resolve this in the future is to upload your edits back to your metada provider (Alt-U, or Database -> Submit CD Information To Metadata Provider), so they're available to you and everyone else in the future regardless of which machine you're on.

Edit: too slow!

Hi all,

I realize this thread is from 8 years ago, but I'm getting really frustrated trying to get my EAC database from my old machine to my new one. I had hand-entered data for many CDs that I had not yet copied, and was hoping to use it on my new machine. Where is CDDB.DAT stored in Windows 10 for EAC version 1.3?

Re: Where is CDDB.DAT stored in Windows 10 for EAC version 1.3?

Reply #1
My version is a little older (0.95) so I can't say I'm right about your case, however mine is stored in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\EAC\
I'm assuming I either accepted the default or chose that as a directory name. Hope that helps.

Re: Where is CDDB.DAT stored in Windows 10 for EAC version 1.3?

Reply #2
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,92426.msg779390.html#msg779390
http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/en/index.php/resources/whats-new/whats-new/
November 23, 2010
Finally here is the new version 1.0 beta 1 which has some mighty new features. I took some time (mainly the complete change to unicode character set), but alls well that ends well…
Here comes a list of the new features:
+ New database engine for storing CD information (old databases can be imported)
EAC 1.3 uses CDDB.sdf
You should be able to import CDDB.DAT into EAC 1.3 (Database > Import Database)
CDDB.sdf is stored in %appdata%\EAC\ in Windows 10
korth

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019