Skip to main content
Topic: Wavpack/DSD multivalue fields (Read 353 times) previous topic - next topic

Wavpack/DSD multivalue fields

As the title states, I'm having a bit of a problem with multivalue fields in Wavpack'ed DSD files. I've converted some of my SACDs and now certain tags refuse to accept more than one value, one of them being the genre tag. I've already checked that "genre" is still listed under Preferences-Advanced-Display-Properties dialog-Multivalue fields.

As far as I understand, Wavpack uses Apev2 tags. Multivalue fields seem to work as expected with standard .ape files and also with standard .wv files at first glance, as well as with PCM files. This particular problem only seems to arise with Wavpack/DSD.

Here's a file to test with: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1je8wxyotz0lmz9/11%20-%20Bright%20Noise%20%285.1%20mix%29.DSD-24bit.wv?dl=0

Thanks in advance!

Re: Wavpack/DSD multivalue fields

Reply #1
What decoder are you using for WavpackDSD: native fb2k decoder or foo_input_sacd? If latter, try to remove/disable it and see if behavior  persists.

Reply #2
foo_input_sacd was at the top the decoding queue. If I move Wavpack above it and try to change a tag I get

Could not update tags (Unsupported format or corrupted file) on:
"Q:\Music\_File\#Modern#\#HiRes\Art of Noise\(1986) Daft (RM2004 SACD 5.1)\01 - Love (5.1 mix).DSD-24bit.wv" / index: 1

Reply #3
Addendum:

I *think* foobar2000 relies on ffmpeg to decode Wavpack. If that is the case ffmpeg doesn't have a DSD decoder for Wavpack yet and foobar2000 needs to rely on the SACD decoder.

A submission for ffmpeg is in the queue, see HERE. If anyone is involved with ffmpeg and able to vote that patch in, that would be a great help.

Reply #4
Desktop fb2k uses wavpack library for decoding wavpack. No ffmpeg is involved

Reply #5
Here's a file to test with: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1je8wxyotz0lmz9/11%20-%20Bright%20Noise%20%285.1%20mix%29.DSD-24bit.wv?dl=0
I downloaded your file, opened it with fb2k 1.5 beta 7 with NO foo_input_sacd installed and successfully added second value to genre and saved changes to file. Everything worked as expected.
Then i installed foo_input_sacd 1.1.4, set its priority higher than native wv decoder and indeed multivalue editing doesn't work. Then i moved native wv decoder higher than foo_input_sacd and tried again and got error on tags updating. So, clearly, it is foo_input_sacd to blame. So, https://sourceforge.net/p/sacddecoder/bugs/

Reply #6
Thank you.

Reply #7
There's a version of the SACD plugin which fixes this issue available HERE. However, it only seems to work with 1.4.6 while 1.5 b9 produces errors, cf. Bug report. I haven't tested with 1.5 b10 yet.

Reply #8
Nope, 1.5 b11 still refuses to update tags. There's just a message in the properties dialogue that tags couldn't be updated but no error is logged to console.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019