Skip to main content
Topic: Pulling tags from last.fm as custom tags onto your library (Read 268 times) previous topic - next topic

Pulling tags from last.fm as custom tags onto your library

Hello, so that title might be I bit confusing, and last.fm isn't exactly popular these days.

I would like to pull tags for artists, albums or songs from last.fm and put them in a field in my music selection, so I can browse my music by that selection. Right now I have my music in genre folders, but that doesn't always work (I also don't want to split artists, that have done widely different works).

Is there a component that can do that? I think from a technical standpoint it shouldn't be too hard but probably not enough interest exists.

I'm also open to alternative suggestions. Thank you.

Re: Pulling tags from last.fm as custom tags onto your library

Reply #1
Wilb's biogrpahy component does that, drawing tags (among other things) from last.fm. It also draws tags from allmusic.

Reply #2
^ Biography is mostly the genre ones though -

Code: [Select]
[ADVANCED: TAG WRITER]
Write Tag: Album Genre AllMusic=0
Write Tag: Album Mood AllMusic=0
Write Tag: Album Rating AllMusic=0
Write Tag: Album Theme AllMusic=0
Write Tag: Artist Genre AllMusic=0
Write Tag: Album Genre Last.fm=0
Write Tag: Artist Genre Last.fm=0
Write Tag: Locale Last.fm=0
Write Tag: Similar Artists Last.fm: Number to Write (0-100)=0

How about the Discogs Tagger or MusicBrainz Tagger?

Cheers

Reply #3
Thank you both. I'm using the discogs tagger, but I don't know how to integrate last.fm into it.

Where is that code from?

Reply #4
I got it working with Biography, but  I think I can only tag an album simultaneously. Any idea how to circumvent that? For 5000 records that is a bit annoying.

But thanks so much anyway.

Reply #5
The tagger was added as a bonus for users who use biography regularly and want to transfer some of the bio data to tags. It was never intended for on the fly look-ups and tagging.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019