Skip to main content
Topic: An issue with and a question about the new properties dialog (Read 493 times) previous topic - next topic

An issue with and a question about the new properties dialog

Hi, I found an issue and have a question about the new properties dialog in 1.5. I noticed that in the new properties dialog, at least when using a screen reader, I can see the names of fields but I can't seem to find the values of fields without clicking on them first. For example, in the old properties dialog, I would see fields such as artist name, followed by the value of the field, such as John Smith, now I only see artist name. Is this expected? Also, where can I find the information previously present in the details tab? I can't seem to find anything equivalent to it in the new properties dialog.

Re: An issue with and a question about the new properties dialog

Reply #1
Update. It looks like the details tab is actually visible, but is not in the tab order.

Reply #2
I can confirm the list control behavior with both NVDA and Narrator screen readers.

It seems that the new list control reports only the first column to screen readers wherever used. It can be seen also in Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts, where only the Key column is being reported. The desired result from the AT user perspective is reporting all the columns as in previous versions.

Reply #3
Fixed for the next update, thanks for reporting.

Reply #4
Thanks Peter!

Edit: Just to confirm that Beta 2 works as expected. :)

Reply #5
Mostly working as expected here as well, though the tab layout is a bit strange. When tabbing through the interface the tabs still aren't visible, but they can be navigated to by pressing the left arrow when focused on the OK, cancel, apply or tools buttons, which may be unexpected for some users.

Reply #6
Hi Peter

Please make a direct link in Assigned shortcuts > Action to Details tab in Properties. I want to assign a direct key to this link. In the old version it was possible.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019