Skip to main content
Topic: Add a setting to change the volume with integers -1.0, -2.0, -16.0 ... dB (Read 479 times) previous topic - next topic

Add a setting to change the volume with integers -1.0, -2.0, -16.0 ... dB

Please, add a setting in: Configure -> Advanced -> Playback. To change the volume with integers -1.0, -2.0, -16.0 ... dB
If you specify 1.0 in the settings, and then move the slider with the mouse pointer, the volume will take a fractional value, for example -12.59. Then the wheel volume can be changed with a gradation of 1.0 dB, but each time 0.59 dB will be added. This fractional value is sometimes very annoying. For example, I remembered the volume of -18 dB and I want to set it up, but the fractional value just prevents from doing this. It is necessary to turn each time by 0.0 and then turn off the mouse wheel by -18.0.

Re: Add a setting to change the volume with integers -1.0, -2.0, -16.0 ... dB

Reply #1
A whole volume step of 1.0 is selected in the settings. The left button changes the volume step not by integers. Can fix it? For example, add the setting "Integers volume".

Reply #2
Topic Up. This question still bothers me.

Reply #3
Maybe not exactly what you ask, but a different approach that I use.
In Preferences, make Keyboard Shortcuts for volume Up and volume Down (I use ctrl + and ctrl - ). They will use the interval set in Volume step.

As a bonus you can create a few extra shortcuts to directly jump to volume settings you often use (like set to 0 dB?). Those are available in -3dB intervals.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #4
The interval is yes, it will be 1dB, but if the volume is no whole (for example -16.23 dB), then the whole volume will also not be obtained (-17.23, -18.23 dB). I don’t use labels or shortcuts keys for volume. Only mouse pointer or wheel.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019