Skip to main content
Topic: Tool to search music files collection for duplicate/"different" album art (Read 110 times) previous topic - next topic

Tool to search music files collection for duplicate/"different" album art

I cannot fit a too descriptive headline in the subject field. I am looking for a way to do the following two (and a half) things. Windows or *n*x, but must handle directory names with all sorts of unicode; CLI is perfectly fine, but I am too clumsy to do much scripting.

(1) Scan a directory for subdirectories and report every subdirectory for which not all media (= audio!) files have precisely the same embedded art.
Basically I am curious how many of my albums show up without album art in my everyday media player (foobar2000!) because there are multiple. (And, I don't know how fb2k reacts to "same picture being attached but differently assigned to front/other".)

(2) Scan (recursing subdirectories) and report every file which has embedded more than one copy of the same picture.

and the half thing:

(3) Scan (recursing subdirectories) and report every file which has embedded picture without assigned type (front/back/whatever).
Would also like to "batch assign", but hey, this one is mainly out of curiosity.

In all cases, I have only one filetype/codec per directory; one single directory only contains FLAC or only MP3 etc. (Yes I have exceptions, but they can be disregarded.)
High Voltage socket-nose-avatar

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019