Skip to main content
Topic: Possible to Have Custom Column With DSP Resampled Bitrate Instead of Source? (Read 330 times) previous topic - next topic

Possible to Have Custom Column With DSP Resampled Bitrate Instead of Source?

I have seen I can use %samplerate% to get the sample rate of the source file, but I would also like to show the DSP resampled rate (so I don't forget I left the resampler on for the next source I play).  Is that possible?

Re: Possible to Have Custom Column With DSP Resampled Bitrate Instead of Source?

Reply #1
If you show the DSP Switcher on the main interface, you can always see what DSP preset you have loaded, I have things like "Sox 96" or "None", so easy to see if SRC is on or off. Just a suggestion. Not sure how you'd implement seeing it in the custom column though...

Re: Possible to Have Custom Column With DSP Resampled Bitrate Instead of Source?

Reply #2
Thanks for the suggestion.  I was hoping I could configure a custom variable.  Set the custom variable as the configured resample rate and reference the custom variable in the custom column but I could not get that to work.

Reply #3
I have seen I can use %samplerate% to get the sample rate of the source file, but I would also like to show the DSP resampled rate (so I don't forget I left the resampler on for the next source I play).  Is that possible?

A different approach perhaps: try the dynamic dsp plugin. With that, you would be able to turn the resampler or any other dsp on if needed, based on a custom tag value in your source files.

Reply #4
A different approach perhaps: try the dynamic dsp plugin. With that, you would be able to turn the resampler or any other dsp on if needed, based on a custom tag value in your source files.

That's an interesting suggestion.  That's a bit more work tagging all the files, but worth considering for sure.  Thanks.

Reply #5
That's an interesting suggestion.  That's a bit more work tagging all the files, but worth considering for sure.  Thanks.

Keep in mind that this is not a one trick pony: I use it to convert 5.1 down to stereo, skip silence, remove pre-emphasis and a few other things. Worth the effort!

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019