Skip to main content
Topic: Eole, a SMP/ColumnUI theme (Read 4948 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Eole, a SMP/ColumnUI theme

Reply #50
You mean listing both artists in the filter on the right column of the library panel? It doesn't work, yes.
Supporting the multitags in those filters would cost a lot in term of performance (and a little bit in term of coding time too : )

Reply #51
I mean the ARTIST filter on the left of the library panel yes.
And yes, having multitags supported would be great, so that all artists are truly listed and not only the first one of any multi-artists track (which is quite common).

Reply #52
And yes, having multitags supported would be great, so that all artists are truly listed and not only the first one of any multi-artists track (which is quite common).
The only thing i can do is convert the multi-artist tag to one item, where all the artists are listed, separated with a comma. So i did that on the latest build. (so an artist tag like "Elis Regina; Tom Jobim" will be displayed as one artist "Elis Regina, Tom Jobim")
This solution is kind of okey for the artists, but quite shitty for the genre. But I won't support multitags, sorry (unless someone manage to come up with a algorithm to populate an associative array and transform it back to a number indexed array at the end, and all this efficiently. I may give it a try at some point, I may! But on a music library with lot of multitags fields, it will be a performance nightmare whatever I do, I think)

Reply #53
No need to apologize.
I briefly looked at the panel scripts and I can understand the work it would require (less so the performance impact but I do believe you).

Still a very nice skin though!

Reply #54
Hello Ottodix,
great theme, love it and appreciate your intense work!!
One thing on version 1.2.3 beta1: the text part of the new track info panel seems to change with a delay of 1 minute after track is changed in library panel, see attached.

Two other questions:
- is it intended that foo_queuecontents is not included, or is there another way to show the content of the playing queue? (of course I can add it myself -  just making sure I did not miss something)
- I highly appreciate the frequency of updates of eole. Sometimes I get lost which version I am currently using. Is there a way to see you version number in foobar or in the file structure? If not, any chance to include the version info e.g. under File->Skin Settings -> Info?
Thanks, MojoBass

Reply #55
Hello! I was wondering about how I would go about adding a simple equalizer visualizer instead of milkdrops? and maybe a button/tabs to switch between them?

willing to learn new stuff and do it myself.

Reply #57
One thing on version 1.2.3 beta1: the text part of the new track info panel seems to change with a delay of 1 minute after track is changed in library panel, see attached.
I would need a exact exact description of how to reproduce this bug. It looks like you were playing a song by Abba there, playback was paused.
And you then edited another track in the library panel on the middle, Highway to hell by AC/DC ? And the text informations then switched to song ?

Hello! I was wondering about how I would go about adding a simple equalizer visualizer instead of milkdrops? and maybe a button/tabs to switch between them?
I'm sorry, a guide to do this would require a lot of explanation. All buttons are coded in javascript, you can get help on the SMP component topic. And to add a panel, you need to learn about Column UI layout and panel stack splitter. You can also get help on the corresponding topics.

Reply #58
I would need a exact exact description of how to reproduce this bug.

Sure:
1. Open Eole and switch to 'Now Playing' panel.
2. Double-click on any title ('title 1') in the right lower titles section to start title 1.
   -> Lyrics, Biography, track info panel picture and text info show correct title 1 info :-)
3. Switch to 'Library' panel and double-click on any title to start playing this title ('title 2')
4. Switch back to 'Now playing' panel:
   -> Lyrics, Biography and track info panel picture show correct info for title 2
   -> Track info panel text part still shows info for 'title 1' until 1 minute playpack of title 2 has passed, then switches to info for 'title 2'

Hope you can reproduce - if not then it is on my side and I would not bother any more
Thanks very much!

Reply #59
I don't think it's just on your side, but i didn't manage to reproduce it using your instructions. Can you export and send me your columnUI configuration, like that i will use the skin with the exact same settings? If you do so, please reply using a pm message, and we'll continue the discussion from there.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019