Skip to main content
Topic: Playback Error with saved playlist (Read 451 times) previous topic - next topic

Playback Error with saved playlist

Hello Foobar team, I am posting this with a lot of expectation.

I have created a playlist in VLC after finding a lot of songs from various folders in my HDD.

I tried to open the generic playlist saved by VLC as "plylst.xspf". I realized Foobar doesn't support it but eventually found m3u8 type is supported in Foobar and VLC provides an option to export the playlist in various other formats of which one is m3u8. So, I saved my new playlist as "plylst.m3u8".

But, now when I am opening the same playlist with Foobar its giving me an error and is not playing some of the songs while few still plays. I do understand its a path error but how come few doesn't have this issue but rest has.

Please guide me if I can relocate the files somehow or any other method that I can apply on VLC to support the playlist to be played on both the players. I will be grateful to you.

Regards.

Re: Playback Error with saved playlist

Reply #1
I also found an issue that which ever file has spaces in their names in the playlist, cannot be played in Foobar.

PS: Please don't judge me looking at the songs.

Reply #2
BUMP

Reply #3
This has been looked into. It looks like no other software than VLC can open those playlists, but I think Peter agreed to parse those in a future version.

Reply #4
This has been looked into. It looks like no other software than VLC can open those playlists, but I think Peter agreed to parse those in a future version.

Thanks Case.
Wish you luck in future updates.

Reply #5
Any updates on implementing .xspf playlists into foobar2000?

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020