Skip to main content
Topic: Problems using both folder AND track artwork together... (Read 361 times) previous topic - next topic

Problems using both folder AND track artwork together...

Until I recently updated to the latest version, I could have albums where each track had a different picture attached (via tagging) and another picture for the entire album (using folder.jpg or similar).

There was one simple caveat, it was that the folder.jpg image had to have a SMALLER filesize than the tagged image inside the audiofile for this to work (otherwise, Foobar always defaulted to the folder pict). Okay, simple enough.

But now, with the latest update (or a few updates ago, not sure what my previous version was), it's all over the place. Some folders work as they did, others don't. When it doesn't, the tracks all have their own artwork but the album will use the pict of the first track.

I've noticed that changing one track to a different disc number or a different year will suddenly make things work. (?!?) Other times, if an album has a mix of 24bit and 16bit tracks, THAT will make it work - but not when mixing flac and MP3 (!?). And then sometimes, it just works for no reason I can figure out!

Any thoughts?

Re: Problems using both folder AND track artwork together...

Reply #1
There was one simple caveat, it was that the folder.jpg image had to have a SMALLER filesize than the tagged image inside the audiofile for this to work (otherwise, Foobar always defaulted to the folder pict). Okay, simple enough.

This seems to rely on the "prefer larger" option in Preferences->Advanced->Display->Album art->Embedded vs external. Did you check whether your settings were saved after upgrading?
I'm late

Reply #2
Okay first of all, I installed a portable version to see at what point it stopped working...

Turns out my old version was probably 1.3.14 (since it's the oldest installation file I could find on my system).  As soon as I get to 1.3.17, this issue pops up.

I've checked (under 1.3.14, 1.4.2 and 1.4.3 beta) and my settings are always set to "prefer larger". I tried the other options and they, as the setting implies, only show the internal or external image... And if the folder.jpg file is indeed larger, then only that one shows up on  all the files.

Reply #3
Why couldn't using BOTH Album AND Track artwork be a functionality in an upcoming version then?

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019