Skip to main content
Topic: Affix Silence (Read 435 times) previous topic - next topic

Affix Silence

Hi:

Just today I wanted to add 3 seconds (3000 milliseconds) of silence to the beginning of a FLAC file but it added an additional 15 seconds of silence. This never happened before, although it has been a while since I used this DSP. Does anyone have an idea what happened? I did not change any of my foobar 2000 settings.

Thank you.

mdubin

Re: Affix Silence

Reply #1
To clarify further, it appears that for some unknown reason, foobar 2000 adds x seconds of silence for each channel. For example, if I want to affix 3 seconds of silence to the beginning of a track, it affixes 6 seconds for 2 channel, and 18 seconds for 6 channel. This is strange and never happened before. Even when I installed the latest  stable version of Foobar 2000, it still happens.

Any ideas?

Reply #2
Seems like a bug in the component. @Zao should take a look.

Reply #3
Yes, that is it. I purchased this laptop in 2018 and installed the latest version of foobar and its components. My other laptop has an older version of foobar and its components. The "affix silence" works fine on the older laptop.

So there is definitely a bug in the latest "affix silence" component".

Thanks in advance for fixing the problem.

mdubin

Reply #4
How exciting!
I can't see any obvious problem in the source code as it currently stands but I haven't built this thing in years.
Do you know what version of fb2k and the component you have on the old machine?
Zao shang yong zao nong zao rang zao ren zao.
To, early in the morning, use a chisel to build a bathtub makes impatient people hot-tempered.

Reply #5
Hi Zao:

On old machine:

Foobar 2000 version 1.3.15

affix silence (post-track silence) version 0.0.5

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

mdubin

Reply #6
There was a silly mistake in calling a SDK function on audio_chunk for inserting silence.
I had given the counts in number of audio samples, not number of audio frames.

In any way, it should be resolved in the just published version 0.0.10, available on the components site and via the built-in updater.
Hopefully I managed to build it correctly, it's been a while :)
Zao shang yong zao nong zao rang zao ren zao.
To, early in the morning, use a chisel to build a bathtub makes impatient people hot-tempered.

Reply #7
Zao:

Thank you so much for the fix. Affix Silence works fine now.

mdubin

Reply #8
Hello
I'm not a PRO in using Foobar2000. Today i was installing the affix silence plugin, but maybe i did not get it right what it's doing. I want to play back tracks with additional customizable silence in between. Is this plugin meant to add pauses when converting files? If it's not meant for playback pauses, do you know any other plugins? If it should work... how? I can find it in the components list. But i can't find any parameter to make pauses before/after tracks.

Reply #9
^ You add it to the DSP chain. (Preferences > Playback > DSP Manager > add 'Affix silence' from the right, click '...' to configure)

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019