Skip to main content
Topic: Automatic album information with foobar2000? (Read 711 times) previous topic - next topic

Automatic album information with foobar2000?

I can't post in the official forums for some reason.

Can't I get foobar to fill in track information automatically for audio CDs I play on my computer? I'm not as interested in album art, but I always get ? question marks ? where I should see artist and track information.

Thanks!

Re: Automatic album information with foobar2000?

Reply #1
Preferences->Tools->Tagging->freedb Tagger

Reply #2
Preferences->Tools->Tagging->freedb Tagger

I checked, thinking this must be a setting I do not have enabled. Under Server, I have freedb.freedb.org, and nothing else.

I am not automatically getting track information for any retail audio CD.

I can right-click on all the tracks and manually choose to get track information, but can this be automatic?

Reply #3
I am not able to post in the foobar2000 forum. Maybe it's private or something.

EAC looks up CD metadata just fine. http://freedb.freedb.org:80/~cddb/cddb.cgi is the server.

Tools\Tagging\freedb Tagger\Edit lists freedb.freedb.org, port 80, with the address of /~cddb/cddb.cgi, and it does not work. By that, I mean foobar2000 does not AUTOMATICALLY retrieve and apply tag information for audio CDs. I can right-click on the "mystery" tracks and "Get tags from freedb."

Is foobar2000 unable to AUTOMATICALLY retrieve CD information?

If foobar2000 can automatically retrieve and apply CD information, how do I enable this?

Thank you!

Moderator Edit: Merged this post into existing topic.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019