Skip to main content
Topic: How to make multiple metadata values appear seperately in lists? (Read 166 times) previous topic - next topic

How to make multiple metadata values appear seperately in lists?

When I split multiple metadata values for artist and composer foobar simply replaces the / with a comma.
But all the artists and composers still appear as a string in my overviews (see pictures).
This is especially annoying considering my naming scheme is already: Surname, Forename which makes the whole mess confusing as heck.

I would like the separate values to also appear separately in my overviews with the rest of that artist or composer's works.
How is this possible?

p.s. Is there also a way I can get Foobar to auto-split these values when it detects a certain symbol? And what symbol do you guys suggest I use for splitting values?
Hhhmmmm Croissants.....

Re: How to make multiple metadata values appear seperately in lists?

Reply #1
Hey there,

Have a play around with the $meta_sep() function.

Example: $meta_sep(artist,' + ') = "Artist 1 + Artist 2 + Artist 3"

See title formatting reference here.

I just use '+' myself but you could put any fancy character or unicode icon in there.

Cheers ;)

Reply #2
Have a play around with the $meta_sep() function.
Example: $meta_sep(artist,' + ') = "Artist 1 + Artist 2 + Artist 3"
Forgive the absolute noob question, but where exactly am I supposed to enter this?
When I put it in the split field dialog nothing happens?
Hhhmmmm Croissants.....

Reply #3
Put it wherever you are displaying artist (or composer) in those two screenshots above. Replace the %artist% part with $meta_sep(artist,' + ') - it will display artists the same but with a custom separator between each artist.

I cannot tell what particular element or component you are using in the screenshots, though...

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019