Skip to main content
Topic: 24 bit WMA Lossless decoding broken in Windows 10 1809 (Read 972 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 24 bit WMA Lossless decoding broken in Windows 10 1809

Reply #25
holy cow! sorry for my bad english, no question. :)
"WMA is likely to be depreciated in Windows before long, but it won't really matter since it has all been reverse engineered and implemented in ffmpeg."
I thought it was about encoding.

Reply #26
holy cow! sorry for my bad english, no question. :)
"WMA is likely to be depreciated in Windows before long, but it won't really matter since it has all been reverse engineered and implemented in ffmpeg."
I thought it was about encoding.

No, decoding so that people can play existing files.  WMA Lossless is a nearly dead format, so hopefully no one is making new files, only converting to something modern. 

Reply #27
Since I know my sole 24-bit WMA-LL doesn't work (in 1809, that is), if it's simple for you, how about uploading here a 24-bit WMA-LL that works for you.
Sorry for getting back at this only now! Here's a short sample created with GoldWave that plays fine in Groove and with my own MF decoder implementation. Neither foobar2000 nor GoldWave nor fre:ac can play this though.

Reply #29
This shows how it is here:  https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,117300.new.html
Sounds exactly like what I get in fre:ac with the Media Format SDK based decoder. I'll try to get a Media Foundation based decoder running in fre:ac probably this weekend to compare to the (working) one I built at my workplace.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019