Skip to main content
Topic: auto update playlists (Read 1478 times) previous topic - next topic

auto update playlists

I have read through almost every post I can find to explain how to auto update my foobar2000 playlists. I apologize if this is covered completely elsewhere. I just cannot seem to get this to work. My setup:

ALL music files (about 8,000) are in one single directory : D:\All My Music
My Foobar2000 library has the D:\All My Music added.

I do a search of my library using the syntax - (%GENRE% HAS POP)  AND NOT (%GENRE% HAS CHRISTMAS) AND NOT (%GENRE% HAS DANCE), which produces a playlist. I save that playlist using the ...create autoplaylist.

All playlist files are also stored in D:\All My Music, example : All Pop.fpl

If I add a new Pop song to the D:\All My Music folder, how do I autoupdate my All Pop playlist?

Re: auto update playlists

Reply #1
If I add a new Pop song to the D:\All My Music folder, how do I autoupdate my All Pop playlist?

Well, you don't. That's why it's called auto-playlist, because it updates by itself.
I'm late

Reply #2
Did you set foobar to monitor D:\All My Music for changes while running?

Reply #3
I do a search of my library using the syntax - (%GENRE% HAS POP)  AND NOT (%GENRE% HAS CHRISTMAS) AND NOT (%GENRE% HAS DANCE), which produces a playlist. I save that playlist using the ...create autoplaylist.
This autoplaylist should be automatically updated when you add a new song (if you didn't disable library monitoring and foobar2000 is running when you add new song).

This file is just a regular playlist file, it cannot be auto-updated.

Reply #4
Foobar's playlists are always located in \AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\playlists

Your own files are more like exports. They're not connected to the playlists currently loaded in foobar.

Reply #5
Great suggestions all around. Thanks everyone. I will try these suggestions out and see what I get.

Reply #6
Foobar's playlists are always located in \AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\playlists

Your own files are more like exports. They're not connected to the playlists currently loaded in foobar.

Just so I understand correctly......Foobar's playlists are the only ones that are auto-updated? My "exports" are not auto-updated?

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019